Thursday, February 28, 2013

Have It & Eat It

I turned 28 last week.

Tomorrow my baby turns five whole months old.

I'm not sure when any of this happened.  In my head I still wonder sometimes who said it was okay for me to drive a car... never mind be married, own a house, and be completely responsible for another human life.

When I think back ten years, when I was 18, I can't recall what I expected my life to be like at 28, but I'd like to think I've made 18 year old me proud... amazing husband, beautiful baby girl, a more than decent roof over our heads, a solid career, incredible family and friends.Yea, I've done pretty well for myself.

I could happily go along for the next ten years, advancing in my current career, raising my daughter, doing my best to be a good wife.  It all sounds pretty good and fulfilling  And there would  be absolutely nothing wrong with that path.

But I've got another one in mind.

I'm out to prove to myself - and anyone who will listen - that with enough blood, sweat, and tears, and some laughter, dedication, and sacrifice,  you can, in fact, have it all. Yes, I want my cake, and I want to eat it, what the hell good is a cake you can't eat?!

That you can be in business and help people at the same time. And that you can help people while making money. And you can be the mom that's waiting at the bus stop and cheering on the sidelines of every game. And you can be half of a happy, healthy marriage.

I've never been one to do things the easy way and I'm confident this will be no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment